16.1.08

Stereotypical

Stereotypical hippie?


So, I've always thought of my self as not very stereotypical. Recently, however, I've realized that I could possibly just the opposite. I'm reading the Gossip Girl series at the moment, and in the second book, there is this character introduced named Aaron. He is a hippie kid with dreads, he is a vegan and he wears controversial slogans on his clothes and he's all into stuff that's good for the Earth. I have dreads and wear moccasins and am a vegetarian and yesterday my brother's girlfriend was like, wow you're really die hard into this hippie thing, and yeah.. how could I not see this happening? I just don't understand, how can I just accidentally fall into a stereotype like this? Sure I recycle, but I've always recycled. I cried when I was little whenever we had to cut down a Christmas tree, so we always had a potted tree. And it's just like... can you be born into a stereotype?! Is that even possible? Man... what makes somebody a hippie anyways?! Jeez I don't even know if I mind that I was born into this stereotype. It's kinda like I'm happy about it. But I just am a little weirded out that I can fit so perfectly into a stereotype just like that... hmm whatever.. gives me something to think about...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...